Currently seeking a Financial Advisor for a great opportunity in the Washington, DC area. The ideal candidate will preferably possess 3-6 years of professional experience, this includes a minimum of 2-3 busy seasons in external audit with a Big 4 or large Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Firm servicing larger clients ($500M-$3B+ Revenues.)
Responsibilities of Advisory
- Prepare 10k and auditing supporting schedules.
- Restate prior year financial statements to adjust for discontinued operations.
- Complete technical and ad hoc research and analysis on several accounting issues.
- Draft, review, and update various corporate accounting policies including accounting for customer programs, sales incentives, revenue recognition, inventory valuation, and accounts receivable reserves.
- Assist with the implementation of migration projects, helping to migrate the company’s European-based trades from a UK-Based subsidiary to a North American subsidiary.
- Define all accounting constraints, creating all accounting functionality in new accounting information systems.
- Test the results of systems and substantiated the Balance Sheet and Income Statement for deals that migrated.
Requirements of Advisory
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification, or progress towards, is preferred
- 3-6 years of professional experience preferred, this includes a minimum of 2-3 busy seasons in external audit with a Big 4 or large Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Firm servicing larger clients ($500M-$3B+ Revenues) required
- Corporate accounting and/or finance experience at a large public corporation is a plus but not required
- Excellent analytical skills including proficiency in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Impressive interpersonal skills to connect and communicate effectively with others; easily establish rapport and relationships with mutual respect, goodwill, and humor
- Strong computer desktop skills
- Demonstrated career progression and job stability