We are seeking an Assistant Property Manager for a Long Island, New York based Real Estate Development Company. This company is currently involved in new development from single family homes to multi-unit condos all over Long Island.
This position not only includes a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, but it also offers the opportunity to advance your career through the company. Our clients' properties are meticulously maintained and efficiently controlled so that their tenants receive the best possible service. As a representative of the company, you’ll be responsible for meeting these internal standards.
- Greet prospective tenants when they arrive and introduce them to the types of units available as well as the property’s amenities
- Execute leases with new and returning tenants to ensure all parties understand the terms and conditions of the contract
- Respond to tenant questions and complaints in a timely manner
- Contact tenants to collect overdue rent or to discuss other issues that require immediate attention
- Manage the maintenance and custodial staff at the property
- Schedule and oversee maintenance calls to apartment units
- Schedule, plan and execute resident functions on the property, such as weddings and parties
- Establish rapport with tenants so they always feel valued and appreciated
- High school diploma/GED required (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- 2+ years’ experience in residential leasing or property management
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Well-developed customer service and sales skills