We are seeking an Maintenance Superintendent for a Long Island, New York based Real Estate Development Company. This company is currently involved in new development from single family homes to multi-unit condos all over Long Island.
- Maintains physical condition of entire property.
- Assists property manager in performing his or her duties.
- Reports to Property Manager.
- Manages and supervises the maintenance staff.
- Maintains relationships with other staff members.
- Maintains relationships with suppliers, vendors and professionals servicing the company or property.
- Supervisory Duties:
- Prioritizes work orders;
- Establishes daily work schedules for maintenance staff;
- Follows up on work assignments for efficient, thorough completion;
- Maintains record to types and frequency of service requests received;
- Establishes emergency maintenance on-call schedule, and posts and distributes emergency telephone numbers;
- Maintains inventory of equipment, tools, and supplies;
- Makes management-approved purchases of supplies, equipment, and services.
- Makes regular inspections of the property;
- Notifies management of maintenance problems and recommended solutions;
- Assists in preparation of all maintenance-related records;
- Meets with office manager daily to report on status of all scheduled work;
- Assists in move-in and move-out procedures;
- Makes recommendations for contract services and services contract maintenance workers;
- Trains new maintenance staff members;
- Establishes preventative maintenance schedule;
- Maintains updated preventative maintenance information (e.g., location of extra parts for appliances, equipment serial numbers, service telephone numbers);
- Knows current condition of all vacant apartments;
- Holds regular instruction classes for maintenance staff;
- Keeps workshop or utility room clean, orderly, and safe;
- Provides role-model for maintenance staff by following all company procedures and presenting an appearance appropriate to the image of the property.
- Obtains thorough knowledge of power, water, and gas turnoffs, cleanout traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants;
- Assists in all aspects of the property’s maintenance, including grounds, custodial, preventative, corrective, deferred, and emergency maintenance:
A. Maintains exterior and public lighting;
B. Clears gutters and downspouts;
C. Repairs structural wear and damage to buildings;
D. Cares for lawn, plants, shrubs, and flowers;
E. Cleans parking areas, sidewalks, alleyways, hallways, and common areas;
F. Prepares vacant apartments;
H. Services appliances, equipment, plumbing, electrical system, etc.;
I. Picks up trash on property;
J. Cleans garbage area;
K. Watches out for the unusual;
- High school education or equivalent.
- Minimum three years full-time maintenance experience.
- Ability to supervise, teach, and motivate staff.
- Willingness to perform any task that is required.
- Good safety habits.
- Working knowledge of electricity, plumbing, and carpentry.
- Familiarity with HVAC systems and various appliances.
- Good communications skills.
- Confident, positive attitude.
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people.