Who We Are
For the Job Seeker
How We Work
Set Up a Job Alert
For the Employer
How We Work
Searching for Executives
Searching for FT Employees
Searching for Contractors
Register / Login
I thought you might be interested in the Medical Directors - 3 POSITIONS job listed at Top Dog Recruiting. Just copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://jobs.topdog-inc.com/JobSeeker/Detail.aspx?jid=02497028
Enter the number in the image to the right
Medical Directors - 3 POSITIONS
$250,000.00 - $340,000.00
Medical Doctor; Doctor of Osteopathy;
Add To My Jobs
View My Jobs
Send To Friend
Medical Director – Immediate opportunity in Baltimore, MD
Physicians who are looking for a purposeful career will enjoy this health plan's focus on improved quality and outcomes for the underserved population.
You will work with an exceptional CMD, enjoy extensive analytic support along with an opportunity to collaborate on care management and quality initiatives.
Medical Directors assist the Chief Medical Director to direct and coordinate the medical management, quality improvement and credentialing functions to provide health plan management services for managed Medicaid operations in Maryland.
of all for utilization management, cost containment, and medical quality improvement activities.
-Performs medical review activities pertaining to utilization review, quality assurance, and medical review of complex, controversial, or experimental medical services.
- Supports effective implementation of performance improvement initiatives for capitated providers.
- Assists Chief Medical Director in planning and establishing goals and policies to improve quality and cost-effectiveness of care and service for members.
- Provides medical expertise in the operation of approved quality improvement and utilization management programs in accordance with regulatory, state, corporate, and accreditation requirements.
- Assists the Chief Medical Director in the functioning of the physician committees including committee structure, processes, and membership and oversees the activities of physician advisors.
-Utilizes the services of medical and pharmacy consultants for reviewing complex cases and medical necessity appeals.
-Participates in provider network development and new market expansion as appropriate.
- Identifies utilization review studies and evaluates adverse trends in utilization of medical services, unusual provider practice patterns, and adequacy of benefit/payment components.
- Identifies clinical quality improvement studies to assist in reducing unwarranted variation in clinical practice in order to improve the quality and cost of care.
-Interfaces with physicians and other providers in order to facilitate implementation of recommendations to providers that would improve utilization and health care quality.
- Reviews claims involving complex, controversial, or unusual or new services in order to determine medical necessity and appropriate payment.
- Develops alliances with the provider community through the development and implementation of the medical management programs.
-Represents the business unit before various publics both locally and nationally on medical philosophy, policies, and related issues. Represents the business unit at appropriate state committees and other ad hoc committees
-Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy, board certified preferable in a primary care specialty (Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Pediatrics or Emergency Medicine)
-License/Certifications: Board Certification through American Board Medical Specialties.
- Current state medical license without restrictions (or willing to obtain an MD license).
- Must be an actively (or recently) practicing physician.
- Previous experience within an MCO strongly preferred
Hot Job Quick Links
Management Consulting Roles
Sales & Technical Sales
Accounting / Finance Roles
Big Data / Analytics / BI
Networking & Infrastructure Roles
SW Engineer / Architect
Technical Architecture Roles
HR & Recruiting Roles
Healthcare / Pharma Roles
Insurance Industry Roles
Real Estate Roles
© TOP DOG RECRUITING, LLC