We are looking for a Project Engineer who plans, organizes and directs assigned engineering projects to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties.
- Facilitate timely engineering of molds and accessory tooling. (Project Management)
- Provide quotations on estimated tooling costs, mold designs, layouts, etc.
- Write purchase orders for molds and other tooling
- Interface with customers regarding part and mold designs and support sales
- Maintain extensive knowledge of and act in accordance with quality systems
- Utilize AutoCAD, Pro-E and Solid Works for rubber 2D and 3D mold design
- Designs precision rubber molds for injection, hot transfer, cold transfer, and compression molding, along with other applicable tooling to produce elastomer parts and seals
- Reviews and defines customer drawings in conjunction with other Project Engineers, Process Engineers, and Manager of Engineering
- Works with Process Technicians to maintain, review, and revise, as necessary, processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness for all aspects of operations including ECN’s
- Operates presses and other equipment such as OGP, Microview vision system or optical comparator, calipers, micrometers, etc. as necessary throughout manufacturing
- Reviews work order and procedural manuals to determine dimensions of design.
- Maintains engineering files Microsoft project, Excel, Word, PPT
- Actively participates on new product development & SAP team with chemists, and manufacturing personnel. Maintains engineering files
- Works closely with internal and external mold shops to insure the best mold design and build possible to help achieve a goal of zero rework.
Minimum qualification required:
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university; or working towards a B.S.; or equivalent combination of education and experience; minimum 3 years’ experience with rubber and project management; AutoCAD and/or Solidworks experience
Knowledge/experience required beyond minimum qualification:
Validation Experience; expertise in Pro-E and/or Solid Works; project management experience; low volume and prototype experience preferred; experience in HCR and LSR tool design and process; knowledge of GD&T; knowledge of MiniTab