Strategic Midwest Sales Executive - Contract Manufacturing Services
Our client, a $150B division of a leading B2B global developer and manufacturer of quality medical adhesives, films, coatings, and contract manufacturing services is searching for a Strategic Sales Executive for the Midwest, based out of the Chicagoland area. The principal responsibility is to achieve annual revenue and profit targets for the territory. Manage the day to day relationships with customers in an assigned region. Execute sales strategy, initiate contact with existing and potential customers, identify their needs and sell appropriate product(s) to meet those needs. Generate customer driven new product development opportunities for the contract manufacturing services business. Customers will be companies such as Cardinal Health, Medline, Proctor & Gamble.
Midwest Sales Executive key responsibilities are:
- Capable of selling the “Turn-Key” value propositions (services or CMO contracts) to the senior executives of global healthcare organizations. Including the strategic and financial return on investment business case arguments.
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships and manages day-to-day business relationships with current clients and identifies growth opportunities on key accounts.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding overall sales targets through the retention and growth of assigned customers and through the acquisition of new opportunities within the assigned customer. Responsible for renewal, new business and pipeline objectives across the assigned customers.
- Must remain current in industry best practices and trends, providing value added solutions. Act as industry subject matter expert, leveraging knowledge of industry challenges and opportunities to build trust and respect with both internal and external customers
- Closely align with senior leaders and peers to achieve revenue growth objectives with targeted customers. Leverage skills and industry experience to develop and implement sales strategies to drive long term sustainable revenue growth, while building a trusted relationship with all contacts.
- Report quarterly on account spend/forecast, assessment of account’s needs, proposed steps for growing account spend including introduction of new products/ solutions/services. Present, propose and drive contract negotiations of all client solutions in assigned accounts. Provide accurate forecasting and status of activity in assigned accounts.
- Understand products, development stage gate process, and manufacturing technology to ensure clear communication of design inputs and goals to the customer for all customer driven product development opportunities in your assigned territory
Strategic Sales Executive Midwest Sales- Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5-7 years account management sales experience in a healthcare/medical environment with a focus on customized solution selling. (CMO sales experience preferred or work experience in manufacturing and current experience in sales)
- Strong commercial acumen with a genuine enthusiasm and commitment to provide an exceptional sales experience
- A driven individual with a strategic mindset
- Thrive in a stretching yet supportive environment where responsibility is offered and encouraged
- Strong presentation skills as well as excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to travel in market territory